Thursday 11 December 2008

Babyoli doing ok :-)

I know the blog has been pretty focused on Rivoli, but boy has she needed lots of attention. 48 hours on from her spay, she seems to be doing ok, the wound is neatly done and today joy of joy she wagged her tail. Which is a hugh relief, I do like to see waggy tails of the happy kind. Marc, was super on the first night and kindly slept in the guest room, so that Rivi could be on the bed right next to me. She stayed in the same spot all night, and it was reassuring to have her so close.
Zev, has been oh so good as a maturing male, he has had to cope with living with a bitch that was rumbling/false starts since May and then a full season in Oct/Nov and another in Dec. Whilst he has clearly been frustrated and many bits of furniture have been humped, he has never been over the top. That is one of the things I love about him, his ability to communicate his feelings in a way that is to me is a fascinating and intelligent use of canine body language both body and vocalisation. And as the photo from the summer shows, Rivi and Zev are so good together, and have great fun.

2 comments:

  1. Mark giving up his bed for Rivi....I knew I made a good choice in a home for Zev! Not many guys would give up their bed for the dog. Mark deserves a special hug for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure does, he is a great guy.

    ReplyDelete