Tuesday 28 July 2009

Holy smackerel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy smackerel!!!!!!!!!!!! a whole weekend of an agility show and no rosettes. POW! How will I survive? Easily – my fantastic Rivioli has gone up a gear again whilst moving from one obstacle to the next and she either went too fast for herself and ‘smackelled’ a jump or to fast for me and my cues where way late. BAM! Did not have time to think about giving a cue much less engaging body signals. Rivi was like, zoommmm, ‘come on, your looking this way, we are going, going and cool there is the bucket’ (bucket means lead – lead means cool kong and play which means proper sausages). KAPOW! I am Ha ha’d. But what the heck, she is living up to our song ‘I’m so excited’. I was thrilled when someone came up to me and said, Rivi looked so happy as she had a smiley face on. Why was I thrilled? it tells me Rivi is feeling good and that is why the ‘throttle’ on her has opened up even more. The key to a fantastic agility weekend is sheer enjoyment and thrill of tackling the courses, sure I would have loved to have won, but heck… we are doing another show in a couple of weeks time. And I have already been doing the mental rehearsals to get myself smoother for the Rivioli.

Its all feels a bit surreal typing this, as I realise I just have this week left at work and then I can reclaim by work/life balance. The guys will be well pleased and so will I.

My darling Zev, is getting all grown up and now has the full sheltie coat. Thankfully, the moult master by mikki (great grooming tool) makes like work of it. In some ways Zev is quite grown up and in others really very young. I have finally done the deed and booked him in to have the ‘snip’ in August I feel real mean, and it is always a dilemma but I think it is the right thing to do. At Beacon Training last week, real progress as he could hang around and wait for his turn off leash, I was so proud of him. That is a very hard thing for a busy, whizzy, nosey dog to do. However, we are still going through the ‘debating’ phrase. I guess I should say shouting or barking but that does not convey the communication that is occurring. And I’m sure he is debating with me. It is real nice isn’t it, how their little moments of growing up and their characters make you smile?
p.s Holy, POW, BAM etc, the batman and robin cartoon words, can’t recall anymore, but for some reason they sprung to mind - writing this posting ;-)
p.p.s great tee-shirt from H&M - Rivi's emblem
p.p.p.s Have no idea why I end up p.s'ing

2 comments:

  1. hehe.

    Nellie was the same this weekend - I blame her season!!! zoom zoom she was in everything and I was woefully off timing. We'll both get there with our babies :)

    ReplyDelete