Wednesday 1 July 2009

Lansdown - does Big think he is a cat?

Lansdown, one of my favourite shows, it was one of our first shows we did on the agility circuit and although now it is further to travel we still make the trip, fantastic location, great walks, great club and great atmosphere.
Little did I know that Lansdown would provide the setting for a roller coaster of emotions. Yeah I am emotional, but I guess it is better than being repressed!
We start off pretty uneventful, Rivi did some great stuff and her confidence is coming back on the contacts. Certainly this weekend, I was really pleased with the improvement. We still have a way to go, but we are on the way. She has certainly made me think. Normally its show them the obstacle and what is required through a bit of free shaping, maintain or enhance criteria and bang in the reward. Not with my Darlingoli, a whole new approach, thank gosh for Clean Run, I would be lost without it. So we ended up with two 4ths and an 11th not a bad haul for four runs and a very frazzled partner on Sunday.
Then Zev, was measured. Realising he will hopefully do his first show in September, I was panic stations I must get him measured and it must be done right now. Two shows – no measuring, at Landown they did but they were full. However, via the organisers of the show the measurers kindly added me to the list and he was duly measured as a medium. It was really funny as I am out of the room for measuring a little girl who I don’t think she could have been more than ten said a very superior tone “I expect he measured into medium”, the tone without a doubt saying Zev had better not be small. It cracked me up, since I choose Zev, we always expected him to be medium.
Then Saturday night, we thought we would go to the pub, not often we do go out but a quick meal with friends, and you can see the camp site from the pub and others would keep an I on our guys. I don’t like to leave the guys, sad I know. Indeed I was in back by 9ish, having quality time with my guys and then time ticked on, Marc, was taking a long time to come back from his evening stroll. I go outside, Raz, Wings and Tri in the compound, no Marc or Bigs, instantly I knew Big was missing ……sh.t!!!!!!. Threw on clothes, leaded up Rivi and Zev and the search was on. Marc, was frantically texting, tannoy announcement went out and so many wonderful people joined in to help us look. Time was swiftly passing, it was getting darker by the minute. An hour and half later he was found, by Clare Murray, the sobs of relief at my darling Biggles being found, were a tad embarrassing, but it had to have been one of the worst and best times of my life. Little Bigs, not quite so brave and tough as he makes out, was unharmed but shaken up. It showed how wonderful so many people are. Thank you…although thanks see inadequate in relation to sheer effort that was made in assistance and support. Without it, I dread to think what could have been the outcome. Big like a cat has used 2 of his 9 lives, hopefully he won't use any more. Phew some adventures you really just don’t need and this was one of them ;-)

p.s the photo is of Zev and Bigs having one of their favorite games - steal the treasure i.e. Marc's posh walking socks and play tug till they are full of holes!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know he had gone missing til Sunday when I heard some people talking about a mini poodle called Big who had been lost...how we didn;t hear the tannoy..but then I had Neil Diamond blasting out of the cd player and I was in the shower...anyway, he does get into scrapes thats for sure. Glad he's safe. HX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see and have a quick chat Chris. Sorry I didn't know Mr Big was missing on Saturday, it must be when the time we were out walking on the hills with my boys. Glad he is ok, safe and sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Mr Big is safe and sound. How scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sure was scary, now understand when people say they aged 10 years! hmmm trust Marc and Bigs to cause chaos ;-)

    ReplyDelete