Friday 5 June 2009

Zev - the teenage months

Here is a Zev Man update. The photo shows Zev after he has dug a major hole in the flower bed, I think he wants me to replant the conifer as it is now leaning more than the Tower of Pisa. The amazing thing was his paws were still clean. How did he manage that?
What can I say at 15 months he has very much become a teenager. He wants to hump things and is so frustrated, I wonder if my plans to have him ‘snipped’ at Christmas might be brought forward. But some friends are like 'oh no you can’t he is to good'. A guilt trip is the last thing I need. As I always feel guilty about this - ethics and all that. But I have to do what is best for him. For now he is a typical teenage with moments of being very very distracted, marky, sniffy and shouty which is understandable. This means I need to be more considerate, which I do try to be and generally I am. However, I must confess on Saturday I did shout back “shut up” and Zev, was so cool, like ‘yeah, whatever luv” which cracked me up. And mentally I thought what a doughnut to myself (me that is not Zev, but hey I am not perfect)
But don’t be fooled by these descriptions he is still totally my beautiful man. I cannot get that darn song out of my head, coz he is just so great. Especially from that bit where it goes “when he began to dance with me”. How did someone write such a beautiful song, how did someone breed such a beautiful dog to go with the song? From a relationship point of view I can’t ask for 3 better dogs. When we walk in the morning, once they are over the initial ‘blow out’ they walk by my side voluntarily or check where I am if they get ahead, I am so chuffed with this. I guess some people can say so they should, but it is so much more rewarding when it’s because they choose.

His agility is coming on nicely, he is so very different to Rivi and that makes it better for me switching between them. For his weaves we did the channels and within 5 weeks he was weaving, we so did not get the 2x2 together. Although we get 2x2 now we have done the channels ha ha ha. We have also been doing 'round the show training' - play hard whilst watching two teams run - then settle for watching one team. This seems to be working ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy your updates on Zen. I am on a two-year waiting list for a Sheltie puppy - all I've ever had were Border Collies. It will be such a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, if the pup is anything like Zev, it will be so very well worth the wait. I waited a long time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I mean ZEV! (my friend's BC is named Zen).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, it is so easily done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha Zev the man that can :-) he is gorgeous, I am glad that yours digs too!! it must be something in the tri genes as Todd doesnt but Yazz does lots !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, that is what I will tell Marc, its because he is a Tri, ha ha :-)x

    ReplyDelete