Monday 8 February 2010

A Whirl of a Weekend - doing agility!

Well it was a whirl of a weekend. We had just moved and really could have done with being at home. But no we could not, Zev had a OBay training session with Lesley Olden, and I just could not miss it. It is is lovely to train with the other OBays as on one hand its nice, relaxed and supportive; and on the other everyone determined to train well, work hard in a really positive way. Mass tugging, happy shelties, happy owners :-) Great and to be honest I worked so hard I was in a total dizzy whirl in my head, good thing the session was finished off with a human reward of a pub lunch....

Lesley set some great segments for us to analysis and work out different ways of handling for maximum speed. Some of it was a little advanced for Zev and Me. As I said I need to work out some stuff to train my handling and Zev's responses let alone think of handling it competitively. But I was thrilled with my little big man. Interestingly with Zev our times on segments for different ways of handling and routes for Zev did not alter the times that much and more often not at all. No video as Marc was busy bonding with Dixie and looking after the other puppies and our guys, so that Lesley could deliver the training session.


The videos are from the next day which was a TinR event also at Lesley's in her lovely 'shed'. With TinR I try to tackle it as if competing and then suddenly launch the reward. However for blog purposes I have just showed the runs where we did the entire course. Chuffed with it all but hi-lights are Big taking his first TinR event all in his stride, Rivi for the commitment she is starting to demonstrate and Zev for starting to swiftly stride out and work on ahead. Bring the agility season on :-)

And the final whirl of the weekend, little Dixie joined us in our journey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment