Monday 22 March 2010

Blogging with a smile :-)

We went to the Border Collie Club show today, I guess it may become the midland equivalent of mid-downs in the south to kick off the season, and we got through the day pretty damm good, Raz was happy to be with us for walks and checking ring duty. This is a very important duty and keeps ours guys that don't compete actively involved in our day, the other is collecting rosettes duties. So it is a busy day for all the guys.
Well me and the Rivioli, what can I say, she is going up a gear and showing more keeness and determination, I wanna run her again and again. So looking forward to Easter and having several days of competition and getting back into the groove. The Zev makes me feel the same, managing to gain a 2nd and a 3rd in combined classes. I was so chuffed at the improvement and know that there is more to come. I did get told that Shelties just run the speed they do at agility and you can't change it, well Zev is a sheltie and his speed is increasing. I just thanked the person for the info and smiled :-) perhaps me and Zev are unique. I do not know? But I would have thought with the right training and appropriate value reward, improvement in performance would be possible, sport is about improving and enhancing unless there was a physical, emotional or psychological reason why that would not have an impact...sure is food for thought.

Good weather, good company and great dogs. Met a young dog that was beautiful and so like Nuts, I was wow, wow and wow. Enough to put a smile on anyone's face, Summerwick is right 'Happy Days'... the gloom is lifted :-)

p.s Zev is now two, and it fab that Bernadette photos them so young, you can see Zev has gone from cutest puppy to most handsome sheltie :-) how lucky am I - loads...how bias am I...totally....

3 comments:

  1. Well done to your placings with Zev. He certainly is a handsome youngman. Can't believe he is two already!

    I think shelties have various speed, the can go faster and faster and faster ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent results from you and the dogs. I don't believe that statement about shelties. I think like any breed of dog each dog is different from the next and how they run depends on lots of things. In my experience with Zeki so far, she is getting stronger each time we go into the ring. She is still faster at club where she is most confident but it's growing each time she takes to the ring. I know she has more to come and I rather like the journey getting there! Roll on the agility season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your placements!
    I can't imagine any young dog not getting faster as they gain confidence and experience regardless of breed. Zev is still a baby.

    ReplyDelete