Saturday 5 March 2011

Economy Gym...It works for me! :-)

The Zevman - 2011 - just luv the expression
I decided not to renew my gym membership, a tough decision coz I actually enjoy working out and feeling fit. However, I felt so guilty leaving my guys  again in the evening, even though they had Marc with them, their reproachful looks was such that I needed to find a better solution. Plus a tough winter making it also impossible to go, which meant I was paying out hard earnt cash for something I could not use. My gym programme was making me 'bigger' in turn of muscle and was not a look I wanted. (vids in the summer - not good I looked heavy and I was heavy muscle -not a good look even if I was fit - yuck and yuck!!!) I needed an economical and effective way of being fit, that would help me a achieve the body I want and feel good both for agility and life in general - not an easy task - believe me. 

Zev - Gonna get the ball
Nuts is not up to running any great distance so that was out of the question and again the weather! Also, to be honest I love walking my dogs enjoying their antics, and savouring the relaxation of it. I did not want to turn that into a regime as that is my chillin' with my guys time.

In January, I googled fitness DVDS, which I used previously, but now I needed something that offered cardio, tone and strength for someone where the battle with time needs to be won. Would I be able to get such a combination, and enjoy the routine enough to keep at it. And blimey I found it. Yep, a fitness DVD that lives up to its reputation and some. Its the Davina Body Buff - it is totally brilliant - for the first time I am doing effective abs workout and  I get the stretching exercises because I can feel the effectiveness.  I am losing the muscle bulk, as the intensity of the cardio even when doing the arm section, means that it is a leaner look.

Zev - I got the ball :-)
The DVD is 7 segments in all, and you can pick and mix or do it all.  Need an economy gym this is it, already had arm weights so for me the cost was £12.97 for the DVD - I have already gone down a dress size and my target is to get down another so I will be the same as I was in my 20s. Now that will be totally cool. And Marc is totally appreciating it and he did not want me to lose weight! -  and it makes me feel fab and it will so benefit my agility and in turm my guys as I have more energy and stamina :-)

Totally random photos  - but Zev photos so well, and well I'm hardly gonna put pictures of me working out just yet!!!!!!!! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. The dogs will keep you fit, you don't have to spend your money in the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha they do:-) but not to the fitness level I want to be. I have to work at it!

    ReplyDelete