Monday 10 September 2012

Metamorphosis in Agility

For some metamorphosis is a physical change and others a behavioural change. For me its behaviour that is changing and evolving...

Currently we are learning from Janita and Jaccko. The difference in Marc's handling after a one day course was incredible and he really enjoyed the training. (I was so jealous in a nice way as I was suppose to go but had to work so I got Marc to take my place, what a lucky Marc.) Our handling is certainly going through a metamorphosis ..

Here is a vid of Marc practising the Jaccko turn with Dixie and Mister Big

One Mind Agility is their web site and having had the opportunity to watch their handling at the KCI it really was exciting and a direction we want to explore and pursue further.

It is brilliant how technology is enabling us to gain exposure to so many different ideas and concepts etc in relation to agility. From Jenny Damm, to Daisy Peel to Silva Trkman, so much to be gained and explored. Just watching videos of FCI World Champ runs can give so much 'food for thought' literally. I am sure there is many others I just need to find them.

For me it is like 'coming home' I am starting to finally find a way that suits me in agility and works with my guys. We have loads of work on technique and stuff to do. But hopefully it means our guys will find us clearer, better and swifter and loads more exhilarating.

That is our agility metamorphosing...it will be exciting to see where it leads..



No comments:

Post a Comment