Wednesday 6 February 2013

Whats in a name....Rivioli...?

Rivi by Watts Photography - June 12
This really made me chuckle to myself. Rivi's name I made up from Drive which is part of her KC name Nedlo Drives Me Wild. To me it is a great name and easy to create affectionate names such Rivioli, Beautyoli, Sleepyoli and even in time of crises we have botheroli! But Rivioli is the most frequently used and endearing.

But what did I know? As I have recently I have found out:

a] The Ritz Hotel, a renown and internationally famed hotel has a bar called the The Rivioli Bar. This bar is in Art Deco style which is a favourite of mine and heralds and age of elegance, romance, creativity, innovation, light and style. I hope that I go there one day, for wining, dining and romance.
Rivi and Me by Watts photography
b] Rue de Rivoli is apparently one of the most famous streets of Paris, with some of the most fashionable names in the world based there. Along with a hotel called The Hotel Paris Rivioli, I will have to get too Paris for a romantic weekend as I think I have found the right hotel to stay at.

So blimey indeed, my Rivioli is a bit on the posh side...rather ironic really. Named it seems after such fabulous places.

And just goes to show, when you think you have had an original thought, someone, somewhere has already probably had it!!!

These great shots are by Watts Photography . I luv the detail he picks up in the dogs, the intensity, colouring and character. They give great memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment