Monday 3 August 2009

Pull in to me cue

I was asked to explain what I meant by the pull-in signal, hence this posting. The clip shows the start of the 'pull-in' signal for Zev. I had to teach it to Rivi, as the slightest flicker of a hand signal or my head turning to look at her, meant to Rivi change direction. With this 'pull-in' signal - it reinforces 'stay with me and take this one' I guess it is like a pull-thru signal, but enables me to keep moving in the direction I need to travel. For me it creates a clearer signal when a couple of obstacles come into the dog’s line of vision at the same time i.e two jumps or tunnel/contact choice. I have found it really useful and seen others use it with great effect. Thank you to my very handsome Zev, for showing the basic move with me for this clip.