Sunday 11 July 2010

Celebrations....in July so far

Having much to celebrate....
First - Zev's and me being in our first agility championship class at Tuffley show. I was so proud to run with my man. My cheeks ached from smiling so much all day. More so than usual. We gained a forth and sixth place in the qualifying rounds to put us into the final. But no videos..hmmm...we left the camera at home. Still a good start and I was pleased with me too, as I feel on the whole my handling is progressing and Zev was so responsive and did some real great stuff, even if I say so myself ;-) And thanks to Tuffley for the fab champ rosettes I was thrilled to get them and a great memento.
Second - the irrepressible Mr Bigs and Marc won two grade 6s classes at their first grade 6 show. So they too are having a cracking season.
Third - on the 10th July my Rivi has finally had her stitches out and the pad has healed really nicely. And I was allowed to lead walk her for 10 minutes today and can gradually build up the length of time each day. The vet had done a great stitching job and the boots that we got from Ann at camddwrcanine have been brilliant whilst she went in the garden to do her doggy stuff. I was so worried it might split again, but the being so so careful has so far paid off. Rivi has been so good and brave with the whole thing,  So hoping we will be back to agility at the end of July or August have to see how it goes. So at least 6 weeks missed. Yikes indeedy.
As we have had some time at home and no shows we have enjoyed exploring what is growing in the garden. It is so different seeing things grow rather than just buying them from the supermarket. And the cherries we picked were fabulous.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Well done to Zev-man to his great result as his first Champ! WOW! So very proud of you two! What a Team!

    Also well done to Mr Big.

    Glad Rivi is healing up. All good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That must feel wonderful!

    Good to hear that Rivi is going to be fine.

    Oh, and my Sheltie puppy's name will be Soleil. I pick him up next Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and it did and that is a beautiful name

    ReplyDelete