Sunday 15 May 2011

Getting the blip sorted...in Perspective

Me & Nuts - Switzerland 2006
Its odd how one blip, starts a chain reaction in my thinking processes, on a subconscious level that I was not aware of until I analysed why my handling was going 'haywire'. Confidence can be so fragile, it is easily shattered, but so resilient it finds a way to resurface. This year sees me with the first full season of having two dogs at Grade 7, in Champ class and thinking of qualifiers. They are good enough for us to do well and I think this rather smacked me in the face the other weekend....I found "doubting thomas" was back subconsciously....hmmmp!!!! Had not seen him around for a while, and it took me a while to realise he had hitched a lift ;-)

Nuts and Dixie - How do you do :-) May 11

I think the difference for me this year is the lost of naivety. With running Nuts the world was my oyster, and I was blissful in complete naivety. Now with Rivi and Zev, I realised what I know now I did not know then. And realised my source of conflict in myself.  The doubting of the way I wanted to tackle a course. Confusing my guys for sure...which mortified me even more.Yikes, they so know if I am not 'full throttle'.

Nuts and Dixie - May 11
Then I remembered what I learnt i.e LB book that helped me take me and my guys in the direction we are going. Then I remembered something that I loose occasionally and then find again and it comes to the fore. Which is resolve, determination and belief. 

So at training, I tackled the courses at training and hurled myself into them ....I choose my own handling way that suits me and allows me to be consistent and confident... and most important of all to have an absolute blast with my guys. And I am sure Rivi and Zev would probably have said "phew....our proper Christine is back, lets rock 'n' roll"

Nuts turning on the charm for Dixie - May 11
 Needless to say it was a good night of training and "doubting thomas, hit the dirt". Now I just need to hit some competitions, which I will at the end of May as it is time to Rock 'n' Roll as it is all back in perspective.
 
 p.s The pictures are of my darling Nuts with Dixie. Totally cute :-)



2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love LB's book (I have it on CD). Agility is every bit as mental as physical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, as I was not sure whether to post. And absolutely.

    ReplyDelete