Sunday 15 March 2009

Positive Vibes at Mid Downs

Well mid downs -A real boost, on paper results not so good, but Rivi was lovely and each time we go to a show, she is getting stronger and more asorbed in to the agility thing. She did some great stuff and I made a couple of piloting errors, but hey I am only human. But I was excited as I thought the potential was starting to show, her a-frame has improved tremendously - she is now firing down through the middle. Which is a hugh relief that the idea for a replica board has started to pay off.

Whilsts I was queuing for a run, I was talking to Rivi, like you do telling her she was the best girl in the whole world and was she ready? The person next to me said she might not be when she has run, and I said the run is down to me, she will still be the best girl in the whole world!!!! (Shame I had my hearing aids switched on ha ha ;-) )Well this was a run with a pilot error and I was pleased because Rivi had no idea we had gone off course. I redirected and then, at the end we played as if it had been the bestest run. Why? Because, I love the running and she did some cracking stuff on that course that really made me smile.

I was in my own world thrilled with Rivi and no one is going to burst my bubble, especially with a prick of negativity. On the other hand Rivi received many complements and my bubble was reinforced, "oh yes, liking that type of reinforcement, thank you" Gosh it is bliss to be running again, I tried some really challenging lead outs, was thrilled with progress and we traveled in a different van, with different dogs (TY to JG) a night in a travelodge, all new experiences for my guys. Yeah, Mid Downs, once again an impeccably well run show and it was great to catch up and say hello to many people and doggies, some who we had not seen for months.

p.s Congratulations to Obay Kizzie and Nedlo Tootie who were rather clever girls, with their handlers AH and LO :-)

3 comments:

  1. I saw one of Rivi's runs. Yes so you went off course but who cares. She was running beautifully and you were having a fab time. Lovely to see you running again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivi looked Fab!!!! Grade 3 is a scarry place to be at the moment, so many good dogs. So many I can't wait to watch through out the year! She is a star!!!!! Enjoy xxx Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete