Sunday 26 December 2010

Walking & Snow Angels.....


Nuts Xmas 10
  I luv walking and in particular seeing sunrise, which is one of the few benefits of Winter, as sunrise is not till 7.30am.


Sunrise Xmas 10

I just enjoy the tranquility, freshness, the calm, and sunrises are as spectacular as sun sets.  And a big hurrah, as the shortest day has past and slowly longer days will return, as I do miss day light. As it means no longer having to wear a head torche and gear the guys up in their high visibility jackets.  Mind you damm glad these gadgets were invented.

Marc said to me around 9.30am today "you walked your guys already?''
Me "Yes, darling".
I think it still surprises him that I enjoy my early morning walks. .

Zev Xmas 10
 But for me it heralds a new day and new hopes. The moon was even still up and I saw a hare (which the guys know not to chase).  It was so cold this morning, we got back home frosted, but it was great fun and the sun was making a valiant effort to shine through.

On a practical note I have shaved Zev's tummy and as I always trim the guys  'trousers/knickers' (you know the bit under the tail), hock and feet hair and it means they do not get 'silly' damp and covered in those silly snow balls, that cause havoc, with walking.

Making Snow Angels - Xmas 2010

What can you do after walking your guys at sunrise.  Make a snow angel!!!!!!!!!!

Marc really thought I had lost the plot, when I said I needed to make a snow angel. I guess I have totally watched too many cute and whimsy American Christmas films, where you see snow angels being made and Marc probably sleeps through those films hmmmm.  Not being sure how much longer the snow would last, I seized the moment, and I made my snow angel. So that is now ticked off my things to do list, who knows one day I may grow up, but I really hope not :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love hiking dogs in snow! So far no snow in Denver ;-(

    ReplyDelete