Sunday 4 January 2009

Gearing up for Training Contacts

Yes, Marc has finished making it for me, my simulated a-frame contact that lies flat on the ground and is light enough for me to move by myself. This all came about due to my brain wave on how to assist Rivi, have an even better A-frame, after watching DVD of runs at Newton Heath and UKA last year. It is the a-frame equivalent of the cardboard cut outs that I use to shape our guys contact behaviours for the sew-saw and dw. With the A-frame the width and depth changes for Rivi the key 'drive thru/to' area, since the dw and s-s are so narrow that she has one choice really which is to drive down to the end. I want a 2on-2off, but with extremely quick releases, but maintaining an instant stop if required, along with her driving down the middle rather than the edge of the a-f. Phew! This training aid will enable me to shape the behaviour more specifically without asking her to do the actual contact equipment. Its a complete Doh really, should have thought of this sooner! Why should I assume the generalisation between the d-w, s-s and a-f?
p.s So pleased with it I have now requested a d-w and s-s version, so I can do away with using cardboard;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment