Tuesday 27 January 2009

The Guys Songs - meanings and memories

Its 'funny' how we begin to associate certain songs with our guys. Music is a real trigger for setting the right emotions or recalling how you feel. Nuts has three key songs, the first is Barry White's 'Your my first, my last, my everything'. His second, was pointed out to me by Marc, the song forever showing me and Nuts inseparable, which is Frank Sinatra's 'Me and My Shadow', the third and 'yep' even cornier but I really don't care is Carly Simon's 'Nobody Does It Better'. With these they provoke powerful memories of great runs, good times, a bond and the joy of having a great canine partner by your side. Little Mister Big has a big big song to go with his big personality and his charisma, which is 'Its a Man's, Man's, Man's World by James Brown.

Rivioli, has two songs so far. Which is John Denver's 'The Eagle and the Hawk' which characterises determination and the ability to soar and bounce back. I think as Marc said he thought getting Rivi was an easy option, but came to the conclusion she is anything but! The second is Pointer Sisters 'I'm So Excited' which sums up how I felt leading up to when we had our first competitive run together. The sheer joy of competing and running, and for those few sweet seconds, the rest of the world completely disappearing. And that was before I even knew we had won the class! Rivi is truly remarkable, as she was the first collie since having Nuts, that is able to walk equally along his side. And that is something indeed. With the Zev, it has to be 'Wild Thing' by the Troggs, this little/big man is indeed wild, the words shy, retiring sheltie has bypassed him completely ;-).

And for me, the agility champs worlds music, especially the song by Opus 'Life is Life', it helps keeps great memories more potent and vivid. As our journey progresses and deepens I am sure that we will have some more songs to keep memories treasured.

The photos show Nuts at the Worlds in 2006, and weird as talking about memories I cant recall who took them, so cannot acknowledge. I think it was some kind people from South Africa, but not totally sure. But I can remember the sheer exhilaration of the competition.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Dear Nuts, he's so beautiful. He and Poppy and so alike, so honest like their Daddy. Very special dogs for sure. All your dogs are beautiful of course. Zeki sends hugs to Zev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh thank you and absolutely, we are incredibly lucky with our guys. Zev hopes to see Zeki at Mid Downs so they can have a riot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello great pictures of Nuts, but was a bit choked at same time.The Barry White song will stick with me too, Our attempts at heelwork to music when Tide and Nuts abou 8 months xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Nuts and Tidey, we have had such fun and learn't so much. They are great teachers. Gosh that was a laugh doing the hw to music, if only we took it all more seriously. ha ha...

    ReplyDelete