Wednesday 14 January 2009

January 09 Agility Foundation Training

Blimey, we did this bit of training on Sunday, based on the Salo Jumping DVD and trying to get the video together has been a learning curve indeed, especially the audio, and editing out the playing otherwise the video would have lasted about 20 minutes. Far to Long. Then I wanted to get rid of noise. I talk far too much ha ha. Then I thought yaah, lets put some music with it, only my song of choice has copy right issues. Boohoo.
The training was really interesting and we did the excercises, to really try and gain an impression of how they guys moved. If you are interested in how dogs move, you will see that they are all very different. Rivi, i thought was the most at ease along with little Mr Big. Who very much has the attitude, "anything they can do, I CAN". Raz, puts so much effort into it and for a massively powerful dog he adjusted his stride really well. Wing's looks awkward, but this I think stems but to her initial training before she was rehomed to us. It took her a long time to understand we have a chilled training approach and confidence/attitude is key. When you do different stuff, she takes a little while to go 'oh, i get it, this is a good thing' Zev's end of contact training is awesome to me, as you can directly see the difference with him and Rivi. He has done this contact board 3 sessions, yep that was he third session. He has generalised his targeting and release cues. His attitude, is "yeah, me me, my turn NOW" I love it. Rivi, the darling girl is gradually coming back into training, she is so much happier again. My happyoli, long may it continue! :-)

3 comments:

  1. YOu were having a lot of fun with your dogs there Chrissie, lovely! Good to hear Rivi's feeling much better now. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see Zev man training! I wish you lived closer so that I could see him more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all looking fantastic I love Zevs little expression and Big is just gorgeous !!:0)

    ReplyDelete