Wednesday 21 January 2009

Profound thoughts or Not;-)

Today, merrily writing email I wrote "Shelties are like chocolate they erode will power and all intentions of being good" for when it comes to resisting their charm it is darn impossible. Once you have one, like Zev, you just want another! Like REALLY REALLY.

Whilst on the train of thoughts, it came up in an agility conversation, and someone was putting themselves down, I said you need Lanny Bassham. The conversation halted as they thought I said you 'need a bashing'. I was like "sorry, but violence is not a motivator for me", so I rapidly explained Lanny Bassham's great book 'With Winning In Mind', and then amid much laughter they saw I was advocating raising belief in one's self and ability. After all what is the point of doing something and never really believing in yourself. This book enabled me to really embrace the concepts and implement them, and now when 'doubting thomas' sits on my shoulder I think of LB's book and smile and shrug the 'doubting thomas' off. So LB thank you :-), just wish I had found you sooner, bit like shelties really.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for promoting Lanny's book! I'll make sure Lanny sees your post! Heather Sumlin (Lanny's Daughter) heather@mentalmanagement.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you Christine I think I need to read this book!!!, and how right you are, they are addictive and I have fallen for their charm totally.

    ReplyDelete