Wednesday 19 November 2008

Hampshire Days 3&4

Zev being the leader of the collie pack, all 7 dogs and 2 handlers loved it.
Saturday morning Caroline, put me through my obedience paces. Having moved away, without a training buddy, it was so useful to have someone I trust cast an 'eye' over what I am doing needless to say, I am being far to grateful for too little, and as my guys love it, they want to and can to more. So time to start extending duration and precision. OK, then as a reward we went for a lovely walk near Burley, but far away enough to miss the key touristy bits. Then lunch and time to say farewell to Caroline and her guys -Ty for great few days, it was a laugh. Then off to meet Marc and his guys at Lesley's at she was running a course analysis for grade 5-7 dogs. They had a good and productive session, then takeaway and Strictly, a chilled out eveing. The guys thoroughly relaxed and satisfied. Sunday morning and Rivi and I were put thru our paces. As Rivi is so intense we only do half hour, but what a great half hour. Then for the remaining time, Lesley set me courses to run without a dog, but handling as if I had a dog running. Since Rivi's first competition, is coming up and I have not run a dog properly since 2007, a whole season on the sidelines, gutted that I could not run with my beloved Nuts, due to it being discovered that he had osteoA in both elbows. Zev, was most put out that he could not do stuff, he is not a year until next march, so he had to demo to Lesley how cute is obedience sendaway is. Then all too soon it was time to leave and return home......