Sunday 16 November 2008

Long Weekend at Hampshire - Day 1

Despite living in the midlands for the last three years, I still miss Hampshire and had a real treat as I had a long weekend with my guys. We travelled ahead of Marc, so that I would catch up with girly friends without thinking 'Oh is Marc, sufficiently entertained'. The drive down was a 'total poo' it rained all the way, and arriving at one of my most favourite walks at Ocknell Pond, I was dismayed that the rain was not easing. Do I walk or not?I was desperate to walk on the open heaths and my guys had been so good we took the plunged, and how they loved it. Rivi and Zev, had not yet done the forest before, and they were so good ignoring the deer and nf ponies. They had learnt leave the bunnies on our morning walks and just translated that across. Which meant the walk would mean great freedom. And Nuts, remembered the walk, all the paths, and they weren't main paths, I was so touched, I promised him that I would not leave it so long again. First I went to see Sally and her Mum, which was great, but I had to cut it short as despite 5 towels and a highly recommended 'drying' coat, Zev was not dry. I was worried about my little man, so phone call to Caroline where I was heading, bailed me out, her hubby came home let us in so that I could get him all dry and then he went back to work leaving us home alone. How kind was that, Zev in the norm of central heating and more towels, rapidly dried out. Phew, I could not bear it if he got a chill. Many Tys to Caroline and hubby Neil, greatly appreciated and I could relax again. SSD coat definately not like Rivi and Nuts BC coat, which with a brisk rub were soon dry and warm. A lesson learnt indeed. All followed by and evening of much catching up and yummy pizza and garlic & cheesey bread, which I had not had before and although very naughty was very nice, as is always the case.