Monday 6 April 2009

Take out agility moment ;-)

You have had the take out training video from me now it is time for the take out competitive run. What a doughnut, walking into the frigging jump, why was it in my way? Gosh the judge and I laughed so much….blinking heck all that travel just to achieve that. Actually it followed for the following two runs. Our first show with no trophy or rosette, felt weird and frustrating for me. Not for Rivi of course – she is none the wiser and that is how I want it. We have much to learn as a team outside, she had her first grown up outside session last weds – yay Beacon back on grass and it was not raining. Last summer it seemed to rain all the time and I don’t like to train experienced dogs in such conditions let alone and inexperience one. So hopefully this year we can get some good training in on grass in the great outdoors, as it changes the context and feel for jumping for the dog - totally. And of course I can run faster as I am not sinking into the sand and getting sort of stuck on turns.

But the great news is that Jane and Dolly (Rivi’s sister) won their agility grade 3, way to go guys. And I will hold you both to the celebration drink next weekend.

p.s inspired by Lian’s recent blog on Sizzle’s a-frame and tempted to use the garden and not worry about it should look like a garden. Lian, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I've taken out winged jumps during a run but never while leading out:-)

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you, for that at least I know I am not alone in providing additional entertainment on course ;-) ha ha

    ReplyDelete